ACI Payments, Inc. is committed to protecting your privacy through the utilization of the latest technology and by the employment and administration of a pro-active privacy and security policy for its customers. In support of this policy, ACI Payments, Inc. engages in the following privacy and security measures:
: My Account enrollment requires that a username and password be created by our customers. Access to personal information is only accessible with the proper provision of the username and personal password. This information is encrypted during transmission and will remain a secret as long as you do not disclose it.
: ACI Payments, Inc. computer systems are protected 24 hours a day by a powerful firewall that blocks unauthorized entry.
: From the moment account information leaves your computer to the time that it enters our system, all online access and sessions are encrypted. Our minimum requirement of 128-bit encryption and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol turn your information into a coded sequence of billions of possible variations, making it nearly impossible for unwanted intruders to decipher.
: In order to further enhance the connection between web users and ACI Payments, Inc. systems, our systems only accept SSL version 3. This enables us to provide our web users the highest form of acceptable industry security standards.
: ACI Payments, Inc. security team maintains and monitors all security systems to make sure that your accounts are safe and secure.
: In order to confront constantly evolving online threats, ACI Payments, Inc. is committed to keeping current with and utilizing the latest technology to ensure your account security.
: For your protection, ACI Payments, Inc. will automatically log you off from our Web site after 10 minutes of inactivity. This reduces the risk of others accessing your information from your unattended computer.
: Pop-up windows are the small windows or ads that appear suddenly over or under the window that you are currently viewing, display a pop-up window on our site that you haven't requested by clicking on a link - all of our pop-up windows are user-initiated.
: ACI Payments, Inc. does not send e-mails containing attachments and will never require its customers to send personal information via an e-mail. Moreover, ACI Payments, Inc. does not provide or sell its customer e-mail list to any outside party, whatsoever.
Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and the privacy of your personal or account information. However, with the proper precautions, you can help protect your personal information from fraud and identity theft:
• Activate a pop-up window blocker. There are free programs available online that will block pop-up windows.
• Scan your computer regularly for spyware (programs installed on your computer that look into your Web viewing activity and that
regularly come hidden inside many free downloads such as music sharing software or screen savers). You can eliminate
potentially risky pop-up windows by removing any spyware installed on your computer. Free spyware removal programs
can be found on the Internet.
• Avoid downloading programs from unknown sources.
• Keep your computer operating system and Web browser current.
• Guard against fake e-mails and Web sites. Online thieves often direct you to fraudulent Web sites via e-mail and pop-up
windows and try to collect your personal information.
• Delete suspicious e-mails without opening them. If you do open a suspicious e-mail, do not open any attachments or click on
any links it may contain.
• Install and regularly update virus protection software.
• Never provide sensitive account or personal information in response to an e-mail. We recommend that you not include
confidential personal information (e.g., Social Security or Employer Identification Number, credit card information, etc.) in e-mails
to us, but that you use postal mail or call us at 1-888-357-8394.
"Phishing" or "spoofing" is a form of online fraud in which someone poses as a legitimate company to obtain sensitive personal data and then, using this information, illegally conducts transactions on your existing accounts or on new fraudulently created accounts using your sensitive personal data. The most current methods of "phishing" are fake emails that contain links to Web sites that seek to illegally obtain personal information, fake or fraudulent Web sites and non-user initiated pop-up windows, or any combination of these.
Remember that ACI Payments, Inc. will never send e-mail containing attachments or require its customers to send personal information to us via e-mail or pop-up windows. Any unsolicited request for ACI Payments, Inc.' account information you receive through e-mails, Web sites or pop-up windows should be considered fraudulent and reported immediately. Nevertheless, it is your responsibility to be prudent and vigilant in the use of your sensitive personal data when conducting transactions over the Internet. Be suspicious of and delete e-mails that:
• Ask you for personal information.
• Appear to come from a legitimate source.
• Contain fraudulent job offers.
• Contain prizes or gift certificate offers.
• Link to counterfeit Web sites (or even real Web sites to make the fake e-mail appear real).
• Contain fraudulent phone numbers (or even real phone numbers to make the fake e-mail appear real).