Effective Date: 10/14/2014
Our Commitment to Privacy
What Types of Information Does Official Payments Collect and Use?
In general, you can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. However, some portions of our website may be accessible only to users who have registered with us (and who may be asked to provide certain information as part of the registration or login process). When you register or access your account information or make a payment on-line, we must collect information about you in order to facilitate the processing of your payment transaction. Since certain information is required if you choose to register or make a payment transaction using this site you agree to provide accurate and complete information when providing personal information. The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information may include the following information collected from you and from your transactions with us:
Personal information does not include aggregate information about our customers in which your identity cannot be determined.
- Your name, mailing address, city, state, zip code, email address, phone number,
- your bill payment (including payment amount and designated payee),
- your credit or debit card or bank account numbers, expiration date and cardholder name,
- Social Security Number (SSN), and/or employer identification number.
At times we may ask you for contact information or conduct on-line surveys in order to better understand your needs, to provide you with enhanced services, and help you use the services more effectively. If we wish to use this information other than as set forth in this Policy, we will let you know at the time of collection. When you access your account information, make a payment on-line, or send us e-mail, we may ask you to provide us with personal information. Except as otherwise provided below under the heading "How do we use your information?", when you supply information about yourself for a specific purpose, we use the information only for that purpose and to manage the internal operations and security of our web site.
How do we use your information?
We use the information we collect about you for everyday internal business purposes in order to provide our services, process your transactions, maintain your account(s), and provide customer service. We provide access to personal information about our customers only to those employees who require it as part of their job in order to provide our services, process customer payments and provide customer service. We collect, store and process your personal information on servers located in the United States.
If you have registered with our service and indicated you wish to receive communications from us, we may use your personal information for the purposes of marketing products and services from Official Payments or those of our partners.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Official Payments shares certain personal information of customers to run our everyday business. Official Payments does not sell or rent any of your personal information. Official Payments will not share any of your personally identifiable information with third parties except in the circumstances described below or with your permission.
When you provide personal information to us, we may continue to store and maintain that information unless you direct us otherwise. If you wish us to cease storing your personal information, you may request that we do so by contacting customer service at customerservice@OfficialPayments.com or via telephone at 1-888-357-8394.
- We share personal information with certain third parties such as banks, processors, card networks, and other suppliers and vendors in order to provide the services and to help us process the transactions you request.
- Certain federal, state and local laws or government regulations may require us to disclose non-public personal information about you to respond to court orders or legal investigations. In these circumstances, we will use reasonable efforts to disclose only the information required by law, subpoena, legal process, or court order to be disclosed.
- We disclose information to your agent or legal representative (such as the holder of a power of attorney that you grant, or a guardian appointed for you).
- We share aggregated statistical or demographic data with our business partners or for public relations and marketing purposes. For example, we may disclose the percentage of our customers who make payments with a credit card versus a checking account. However, this aggregated information is not tied to any personally identifiable information that can identify you.
- We make disclosures to other nonaffiliated third parties as permitted by federal or state law. Official Payments may also disclose personal information to financial service providers with which it has joint marketing agreements, which are formal agreements between unaffiliated third parties that together market products or services to you.
- If you have registered with our service and indicated you wish to receive communications from us, Official Payments may contract with third parties for the purposes of marketing products and services of Official Payments or those of our partners. Official Payments will require such third parties to maintain confidentiality of your personal information.
Changes to Personally Identifiable Information
If your registration information changes, you may make changes to your profile on this web site. If you have submitted incorrect personal information through our Web sites and would like to revise this information, you may make appropriate revisions within the respective My Account sections of our sites (if you previously registered on our sites) or by e-mailing us at customerservice@OfficialPayments.com. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at customerservice@OfficialPayments.com. We will retain and use your information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Like many Web sites, we may automatically gather, or engage a third party to gather, certain information about our Site traffic and store it in log files. For this purpose, we use Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to analyze trends, administer the Web sites, track our users' movements and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
3rd Party Cookies and Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs)
Our partners use session ID cookies to aid in navigation of our website.
Our third party tracking utility company and service providers employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers' personally identifiable information.
Preferences and Opting-Out
You may inform Official Payments as to some of your preferences concerning the use of your information by "opting-out" of the following practices by emailing customerservice@OfficialPayments.com or calling 1-888-357-8394:
Official Payments does not disclose private e-mail communications that are transmitted using Official Payments services except as described in this policy and as required to provide requested services or to reply to your e-mail. In the ordinary course of our business, we may use the contact information you provide us to confirm a payment transaction and/or to alert you regarding any difficulty we may experience in attempting to process your payment. With your permission, we may also contact you to remind you of an upcoming payment obligation (e.g., a quarterly tax payment which is due), notify you of a scheduled or successfully completed AutoPayment or to inform you of new or additional services offered by us from which you may benefit. Users who have registered with our service in the My Account section of our Web sites may opt-in to receive information about new or additional services or other notifications or information from Official Payments or our partners. Users may also contact Official Payments as noted above in the "Opt-Out" section if you no longer wish to receive such information or other notifications.
- If you permitted Official Payments to contract with third parties for the purpose of marketing products or services to you, and no longer wish to permit Official Payments to do so, you can "opt-out" of our ability to share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- If you requested that Official Payments inform you of upcoming payment obligations, notify you of a scheduled or successfully completed AutoPayment or inform you of new or additional services offered by us from which you may benefit, but no longer wish to receive this information, you can "opt-out" from receiving this information.
- If you received commercial email from Official Payment, and do not wish to receive any unsolicited commercial emails in the future, you can "opt-out" from receiving commercial email from Official Payments.
Official Payments recognizes the importance of children's safety and privacy on the Internet. For this reason and to comply with certain laws, we do not intentionally collect personal, individually identifiable information from children under the age of 13, nor do we offer content targeted to children under 13.
The security of your information is important to us. We take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the personal information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially reasonable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. When doing business with others, such as advertisers to whom you can link from our site, you should consider the separate security and privacy policies of those other sites. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
In the event that your sensitive personal information is accessed by an unauthorized individual and the misuse of your information is reasonably possible, we will notify you of the unauthorized access unless a law enforcement agency believes that such notification may interfere with a criminal investigation. Notification of such an event may be given to you by e-mail, writing, or phone at our sole discretion.
If you have any questions about security on our website, please contact ACI's Chief Security Office / VP Global Information Security at 6060 Coventry Drive, Elkhorn, NE 68022 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media Features and Widgets
Links to Other Sites