Official Payments
  • En EspañolEn Español
How To File A Complaint
Official Payments is here to help you and resolve any issue with our service. As a first step, please contact Official Payments Customer Service Center for assistance in resolving any issue with our services. Please visit our FAQs section for complete details on Customer Service, including toll-free phone numbers and email contact information. You may also contact us by postal mail if you wish:

Official Payments Corporation
Customer Service Department
177 Technology Parkway
Auburn, AL 36830

If you feel that your question or issue with regard to the state, local or other payments provided by Official Payments remains unresolved after contacting us, you may contact the specific client to whom your payment was directed. The following U.S. states provide specific contact information regarding the money transmission services provided by Official Payments:

Residents of California

If you have complaints with respect to any aspect of the money transmission activities conducted at this location, you may contact the California Department of Business Oversight at its toll-free telephone number, 1-866-275-2677, by email at, or by mail at the Department of Business Oversight, Consumer Services, 1515 K Street, Suite 200, Sacramento, CA 95814

Residents of Colorado


Entities other than FDIC insured financial institutions that conduct money transmission activities in Colorado, including the sale of money orders, transfer of funds, and other instruments for the payment of money or credit, are required to be licensed by the Colorado Division of Banking pursuant to the Money Transmitters Act, Title 11, Article 110, Colorado Revised Statutes.

If you have a Question about or Problem with

You must contact the Money Transmitter who processed your transaction for assistance. The Division of Banking does not have access to this information.

If you are a Colorado Resident and have a Complaint about

ALL complaints must be submitted in writing. Please fill out the Complaint Form provided on the Colorado Division of Banking's website and return it and any documentation supporting the complaint via mail or email to the Division of Banking at:

Colorado Division of Banking
1560 Broadway, Suite 975
Denver, CO 80202

Section 11-110-120, C.R.S. requires that money transmitters and money order companies post this notice in a conspicuous, well-lighted location visible to customers.

Residents of Minnesota


Consumers are warned that fraud can and does occur. Please call Official Payments toll-free at 800-487-4567 to report fraud or suspected fraud.

Residents of Texas


If you have a complaint, first contact the consumer assistance division of Official Payments Corporation at 1-800-487-4567. If you still have an unresolved complaint regarding the company's money transmission or currency exchange activity, please direct your complaint to the Texas Department of Banking:

In Person or U.S. Mail ....... Texas Department of Banking
2601 North Lamar Boulevard
Suite 300
Austin, TX 78705-4294
Telephone Number .......... 1-877-276-5554 (toll free)
Fax Number ........................ 1-512-475-1313
E-mail Address ..................
Website Address ...............

Consumer complaints should be in writing, providing as much detail as possible. Please include the following information:
  • The name of the institution and the name of any person(s) at the institution with whom the complainant has had contact. Include telephone number(s) and addresses.
  • A complete description of the complaint and any efforts that have been made to resolve the complaint directly with the institution.
  • Copies of any available documentation supporting the complaint and efforts toward resolution.
  • Any suggestions regarding a preferred resolution of the complaint.

PRIVACY POLICY   |   Complaints   |   Legal Notices   |   Pay By Phone   |   Tax Professionals   |   About Us   |   Working With Official Payments   |   Sitemap
Copyright © 2019 Official Payments Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Official Payments Corporation is a licensed money transmitter in 44 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. Official Payments is not required to be licensed as a money transmitter in Indiana, Massachusetts, Montana, New Mexico, South Carolina or Wisconsin.
TRUSTe Privacy Certification
Authorized IRS Payment Provider Since 1999